Arunachal to converge MG-NREGA with NBA
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh Rural Development (RD) and Public Health Engineering (PHE) departments have agreed for convergence of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Assurance (MG-NREGA) scheme works with Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA) at gram panchayat level.
The decision to this effect was taken at a meeting here yesterday chaired by Power, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Tanga Byaling, official sources said on Sunday.
The meeting was attended by Secretary PHED Tomi Ete, Chief Engineer PHED T Ketan, Director WSSO PHED A N Singh and Joint Director RD T Ado.
As per the decision, the PHE department would identify the number of gram panchayats to be covered with individual household toilets during the current financial year. The RD department would divert its MGNREGA fund available at gram panchayat level for providing wage employment and material component for construction of toilets.
Byaling suggested holding of coordination meeting under the chairmanship of deputy commissioners comprising of the concerned officers of PHED, DRDA, CD Block, PRI members and stake holders.
Highlighting the importance of public awareness on NBA, the minister also suggested close monitoring and proper implementation of the projects by the agencies for the benefit of rural people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials
- US condemns North Korea missile test-fire, calls it 'provocation'
- Naxal killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh's Sukma