Arunachal to converge MG-NREGA with NBA
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh Rural Development (RD) and Public Health Engineering (PHE) departments have agreed for convergence of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Assurance (MG-NREGA) scheme works with Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA) at gram panchayat level.
The decision to this effect was taken at a meeting here yesterday chaired by Power, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Tanga Byaling, official sources said on Sunday.
The meeting was attended by Secretary PHED Tomi Ete, Chief Engineer PHED T Ketan, Director WSSO PHED A N Singh and Joint Director RD T Ado.
As per the decision, the PHE department would identify the number of gram panchayats to be covered with individual household toilets during the current financial year. The RD department would divert its MGNREGA fund available at gram panchayat level for providing wage employment and material component for construction of toilets.
Byaling suggested holding of coordination meeting under the chairmanship of deputy commissioners comprising of the concerned officers of PHED, DRDA, CD Block, PRI members and stake holders.
Highlighting the importance of public awareness on NBA, the minister also suggested close monitoring and proper implementation of the projects by the agencies for the benefit of rural people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city