Arunachal to converge MG-NREGA with NBA
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh Rural Development (RD) and Public Health Engineering (PHE) departments have agreed for convergence of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Assurance (MG-NREGA) scheme works with Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA) at gram panchayat level.
The decision to this effect was taken at a meeting here yesterday chaired by Power, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Tanga Byaling, official sources said on Sunday.
The meeting was attended by Secretary PHED Tomi Ete, Chief Engineer PHED T Ketan, Director WSSO PHED A N Singh and Joint Director RD T Ado.
As per the decision, the PHE department would identify the number of gram panchayats to be covered with individual household toilets during the current financial year. The RD department would divert its MGNREGA fund available at gram panchayat level for providing wage employment and material component for construction of toilets.
Byaling suggested holding of coordination meeting under the chairmanship of deputy commissioners comprising of the concerned officers of PHED, DRDA, CD Block, PRI members and stake holders.
Highlighting the importance of public awareness on NBA, the minister also suggested close monitoring and proper implementation of the projects by the agencies for the benefit of rural people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai