Arunachal to converge MG-NREGA with NBA
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh Rural Development (RD) and Public Health Engineering (PHE) departments have agreed for convergence of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Assurance (MG-NREGA) scheme works with Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA) at gram panchayat level.
The decision to this effect was taken at a meeting here yesterday chaired by Power, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Tanga Byaling, official sources said on Sunday.
The meeting was attended by Secretary PHED Tomi Ete, Chief Engineer PHED T Ketan, Director WSSO PHED A N Singh and Joint Director RD T Ado.
As per the decision, the PHE department would identify the number of gram panchayats to be covered with individual household toilets during the current financial year. The RD department would divert its MGNREGA fund available at gram panchayat level for providing wage employment and material component for construction of toilets.
Byaling suggested holding of coordination meeting under the chairmanship of deputy commissioners comprising of the concerned officers of PHED, DRDA, CD Block, PRI members and stake holders.
Highlighting the importance of public awareness on NBA, the minister also suggested close monitoring and proper implementation of the projects by the agencies for the benefit of rural people.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro