Arunachal to converge MG-NREGA with NBA
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh Rural Development (RD) and Public Health Engineering (PHE) departments have agreed for convergence of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Assurance (MG-NREGA) scheme works with Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA) at gram panchayat level.
The decision to this effect was taken at a meeting here yesterday chaired by Power, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Tanga Byaling, official sources said on Sunday.
The meeting was attended by Secretary PHED Tomi Ete, Chief Engineer PHED T Ketan, Director WSSO PHED A N Singh and Joint Director RD T Ado.
As per the decision, the PHE department would identify the number of gram panchayats to be covered with individual household toilets during the current financial year. The RD department would divert its MGNREGA fund available at gram panchayat level for providing wage employment and material component for construction of toilets.
Byaling suggested holding of coordination meeting under the chairmanship of deputy commissioners comprising of the concerned officers of PHED, DRDA, CD Block, PRI members and stake holders.
Highlighting the importance of public awareness on NBA, the minister also suggested close monitoring and proper implementation of the projects by the agencies for the benefit of rural people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason