Arunachal to take steps to foil 12-hr bandh on Nov
Itanagar: The state government has asked all government offices to remain open and transport to ply normally during the 12-hour bandh call given by All Arunachal Pradesh Youth Organisation (AAPYO) on November 29 against shifting of the airport site from Karsingsa to Hollongi.
Chief Secretary Tabom Bam, in a circular issued today, has asked all principal secretaries, commissioners, secretaries, and head of departments to ensure that all the offices remain open with full attendance of employees.
"The frequent bandh calls by various organisations in one pretext or the other adversely hampers the smooth functioning of the state capital and the law and order situation in the city."
"The Supreme Court and various high courts of the country have declared calling of bandhs as illegal as it jeopardise peace and safety and also adversely affects the economy and livelihood of the common man," the circular said.
The circular instructed all the offices to open and function smoothly.
"Anybody found absent on the day without prior permission would be liable to be treated as un-authorised absence and the salary for the day will be deducted invariably," the circular said.
It further directed all schools in the capital complex to remain open as per routine while asking all concerned principals to ensure cent per cent attendance of teachers in the school on that day.
Any principal or teacher found absent without prior approval would be liable to be treated as un-authorised absent and their salary will be deducted for the same.
"Transport buses should ply as per the routine without any violation," it said.
The circular further directed the DGP to ensure that adequate mobilisation of force is done including IRBN, CRPF, ITBP, APP Battalion and civil police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco