Arunachal to take steps to foil 12-hr bandh on Nov
Itanagar: The state government has asked all government offices to remain open and transport to ply normally during the 12-hour bandh call given by All Arunachal Pradesh Youth Organisation (AAPYO) on November 29 against shifting of the airport site from Karsingsa to Hollongi.
Chief Secretary Tabom Bam, in a circular issued today, has asked all principal secretaries, commissioners, secretaries, and head of departments to ensure that all the offices remain open with full attendance of employees.
"The frequent bandh calls by various organisations in one pretext or the other adversely hampers the smooth functioning of the state capital and the law and order situation in the city."
"The Supreme Court and various high courts of the country have declared calling of bandhs as illegal as it jeopardise peace and safety and also adversely affects the economy and livelihood of the common man," the circular said.
The circular instructed all the offices to open and function smoothly.
"Anybody found absent on the day without prior permission would be liable to be treated as un-authorised absence and the salary for the day will be deducted invariably," the circular said.
It further directed all schools in the capital complex to remain open as per routine while asking all concerned principals to ensure cent per cent attendance of teachers in the school on that day.
Any principal or teacher found absent without prior approval would be liable to be treated as un-authorised absent and their salary will be deducted for the same.
"Transport buses should ply as per the routine without any violation," it said.
The circular further directed the DGP to ensure that adequate mobilisation of force is done including IRBN, CRPF, ITBP, APP Battalion and civil police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill