Arunchal announces Rs 2 lakh for info on gunman
Itanagar: With the gunman who shot and wounded a lady journalist here last Sunday still remaining elusive, the Arunachal Pradesh government today announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for information about him.
"Anyone who can provide us a lead to identify the culprit will be rewarded with Rs 2 lakh in cash. Their identity will not be revealed," Capital Complex Superintendent of Police Hibu Tamang said.
Those providing information about the gunman, who shot Associate Editor of Arunachal Times Tongam Rina while she was entering office, could do so via mobile phone, Tamang said.
A sketch of the suspect drawn after questioning eye witnesses was to be released.
Rama Krishna Mission Hospital sources today said that Rina`s condition was gradually improving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what