Arunchal announces Rs 2 lakh for info on gunman
Itanagar: With the gunman who shot and wounded a lady journalist here last Sunday still remaining elusive, the Arunachal Pradesh government today announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for information about him.
"Anyone who can provide us a lead to identify the culprit will be rewarded with Rs 2 lakh in cash. Their identity will not be revealed," Capital Complex Superintendent of Police Hibu Tamang said.
Those providing information about the gunman, who shot Associate Editor of Arunachal Times Tongam Rina while she was entering office, could do so via mobile phone, Tamang said.
A sketch of the suspect drawn after questioning eye witnesses was to be released.
Rama Krishna Mission Hospital sources today said that Rina`s condition was gradually improving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP