Arunchal announces Rs 2 lakh for info on gunman
Itanagar: With the gunman who shot and wounded a lady journalist here last Sunday still remaining elusive, the Arunachal Pradesh government today announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for information about him.
"Anyone who can provide us a lead to identify the culprit will be rewarded with Rs 2 lakh in cash. Their identity will not be revealed," Capital Complex Superintendent of Police Hibu Tamang said.
Those providing information about the gunman, who shot Associate Editor of Arunachal Times Tongam Rina while she was entering office, could do so via mobile phone, Tamang said.
A sketch of the suspect drawn after questioning eye witnesses was to be released.
Rama Krishna Mission Hospital sources today said that Rina`s condition was gradually improving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed