Arunchal announces Rs 2 lakh for info on gunman
Itanagar: With the gunman who shot and wounded a lady journalist here last Sunday still remaining elusive, the Arunachal Pradesh government today announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for information about him.
"Anyone who can provide us a lead to identify the culprit will be rewarded with Rs 2 lakh in cash. Their identity will not be revealed," Capital Complex Superintendent of Police Hibu Tamang said.
Those providing information about the gunman, who shot Associate Editor of Arunachal Times Tongam Rina while she was entering office, could do so via mobile phone, Tamang said.
A sketch of the suspect drawn after questioning eye witnesses was to be released.
Rama Krishna Mission Hospital sources today said that Rina`s condition was gradually improving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena