Arunchal announces Rs 2 lakh for info on gunman
Itanagar: With the gunman who shot and wounded a lady journalist here last Sunday still remaining elusive, the Arunachal Pradesh government today announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for information about him.
"Anyone who can provide us a lead to identify the culprit will be rewarded with Rs 2 lakh in cash. Their identity will not be revealed," Capital Complex Superintendent of Police Hibu Tamang said.
Those providing information about the gunman, who shot Associate Editor of Arunachal Times Tongam Rina while she was entering office, could do so via mobile phone, Tamang said.
A sketch of the suspect drawn after questioning eye witnesses was to be released.
Rama Krishna Mission Hospital sources today said that Rina`s condition was gradually improving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj