Arvind Kejriwal’s AAP denies any tie-up with NCP, PPA
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday denied any decision to enter into poll alliance with NCP and Peoples Party of Arunachal (PPA) for the ensuing Panchayat and Municipal elections slated for May 16 next.
"We are not going to field any candidates in the ensuing polls and the question of putting up joint candidates by entering into a poll alliance with NCP and PPA does not arise," party’s national executive member and in charge of North East, Habung Payeng clarified in a statement.
Payeng’s clarification came in the backdrop of NCP’s claim of putting up joint candidates in the ensuing elections following the decision in a joint meeting.
"The AAP never attended any such meeting in the state to decide on seat sharing.
We appealed to the NCP media secretary not to mislead the public by such false information," Payeng said.
However, the party would support and appeal to the voters to vote for those candidates who have a clean image and are ready to serve the people as per the principle and ideology of the AAP, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal