Ashwani Kumar new Governor of Nagaland
Kohima: Former CBI director and Himachal Pradesh DGP Ashwani Kumar was on Thursday sworn in as the 17th Governor of Nagaland at the Durbar Hall of Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel administered the oath of office and secrecy to Kumar in the presence of Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio and his cabinet colleagues.
Kumar succeeded Nikhil Kumar who has been appointed as the Governor of Kerala to complete remaining of his gubernatorial assignment.
Kumar, 62, who has worked in various positions in CBI and elite SPG, hails from Nahan, a small hill town, in Himachal Pradesh.
He completed his doctorate from the Himachal Pradesh University.
He did his Ph.D in management and has a master`s degree in business administration with specialisation in human resources management.
An IPS officer of Himachal Pradesh Cadre, Kumar has also served in the elite Special Protection Group dealing with security of the Prime Minister of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today