Ashwani Kumar new Governor of Nagaland
Kohima: Former CBI director and Himachal Pradesh DGP Ashwani Kumar was on Thursday sworn in as the 17th Governor of Nagaland at the Durbar Hall of Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel administered the oath of office and secrecy to Kumar in the presence of Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio and his cabinet colleagues.
Kumar succeeded Nikhil Kumar who has been appointed as the Governor of Kerala to complete remaining of his gubernatorial assignment.
Kumar, 62, who has worked in various positions in CBI and elite SPG, hails from Nahan, a small hill town, in Himachal Pradesh.
He completed his doctorate from the Himachal Pradesh University.
He did his Ph.D in management and has a master`s degree in business administration with specialisation in human resources management.
An IPS officer of Himachal Pradesh Cadre, Kumar has also served in the elite Special Protection Group dealing with security of the Prime Minister of India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India