Ashwani Kumar new Governor of Nagaland
Kohima: Former CBI director and Himachal Pradesh DGP Ashwani Kumar was on Thursday sworn in as the 17th Governor of Nagaland at the Durbar Hall of Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel administered the oath of office and secrecy to Kumar in the presence of Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio and his cabinet colleagues.
Kumar succeeded Nikhil Kumar who has been appointed as the Governor of Kerala to complete remaining of his gubernatorial assignment.
Kumar, 62, who has worked in various positions in CBI and elite SPG, hails from Nahan, a small hill town, in Himachal Pradesh.
He completed his doctorate from the Himachal Pradesh University.
He did his Ph.D in management and has a master`s degree in business administration with specialisation in human resources management.
An IPS officer of Himachal Pradesh Cadre, Kumar has also served in the elite Special Protection Group dealing with security of the Prime Minister of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police