Assam: 3 insurgents arrested in train derailment
Rangiya: Three alleged members an ethnic
insurgent outfit, which has claimed responsibility for the
July 10 derailment of the Guwahati-Puri Jagannath Express,
were arrested on Saturday from Assam`s Baksa district.
The self-styled deputy chief commandant of the Adivasi
Peoples Army Silva Orang was arrested from the Menoka tea
estate in Baganpara area by the police and personnel of the 7
Dogra Regiment, Additional Superintendent of Police Sapnanil
Orang was interrogated and based on information
provided by him, two other insurgents of the group were
arrested from the same area, he said.
Interrogation of six APA cadres who were detained
on Wednesday after the blast was continuing.
Two of them, Mathews Marandi and Anthony Orang, were
picked up from Menoka tea estate and the others from
Gossaigaon in Kokrajhar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog