Assam: 3 insurgents arrested in train derailment
Rangiya: Three alleged members an ethnic
insurgent outfit, which has claimed responsibility for the
July 10 derailment of the Guwahati-Puri Jagannath Express,
were arrested on Saturday from Assam`s Baksa district.
The self-styled deputy chief commandant of the Adivasi
Peoples Army Silva Orang was arrested from the Menoka tea
estate in Baganpara area by the police and personnel of the 7
Dogra Regiment, Additional Superintendent of Police Sapnanil
Orang was interrogated and based on information
provided by him, two other insurgents of the group were
arrested from the same area, he said.
Interrogation of six APA cadres who were detained
on Wednesday after the blast was continuing.
Two of them, Mathews Marandi and Anthony Orang, were
picked up from Menoka tea estate and the others from
Gossaigaon in Kokrajhar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!