Assam: 3 insurgents arrested in train derailment
Rangiya: Three alleged members an ethnic
insurgent outfit, which has claimed responsibility for the
July 10 derailment of the Guwahati-Puri Jagannath Express,
were arrested on Saturday from Assam`s Baksa district.
The self-styled deputy chief commandant of the Adivasi
Peoples Army Silva Orang was arrested from the Menoka tea
estate in Baganpara area by the police and personnel of the 7
Dogra Regiment, Additional Superintendent of Police Sapnanil
Orang was interrogated and based on information
provided by him, two other insurgents of the group were
arrested from the same area, he said.
Interrogation of six APA cadres who were detained
on Wednesday after the blast was continuing.
Two of them, Mathews Marandi and Anthony Orang, were
picked up from Menoka tea estate and the others from
Gossaigaon in Kokrajhar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad