Assam: 70 labourers injured in bridge collapse
Dhemaji: Seventy labourers were injured, 27 of them seriously, when a portion of an under-construction concrete bridge collapsed in Upper Assam`s Dhemaji district,
officials said on Saturday.
A section of the Bogibeel road-cum-rail bridge at Karenchapari Mechaki collapsed after a heavy vehicle was trying to cross when labourers were repairing it yesterday.
The 27 critically injured were undergoing treatment at the Dhemaji civil hospital, while the rest with minor injuries admitted to the hospital and the Silapathar public health centre, were released today, they said.
In the wake of the incident, the influential local ethnic organisation Takam Mising Porin Kebang (TMPK), which has also been spearheading the anti-dam protest in Assam, has called an indefinite Bogibeel project bandh from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Malegaon blasts case: Narendra Modi government should sack NIA chief, demands Congress
- Another blow to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, ED attaches assets worth Rs 749.10 crore
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues
- 7th Central Pay Commission: 14 key facts that all government employees must know
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?