Assam: 70 labourers injured in bridge collapse
Dhemaji: Seventy labourers were injured, 27 of them seriously, when a portion of an under-construction concrete bridge collapsed in Upper Assam`s Dhemaji district,
officials said on Saturday.
A section of the Bogibeel road-cum-rail bridge at Karenchapari Mechaki collapsed after a heavy vehicle was trying to cross when labourers were repairing it yesterday.
The 27 critically injured were undergoing treatment at the Dhemaji civil hospital, while the rest with minor injuries admitted to the hospital and the Silapathar public health centre, were released today, they said.
In the wake of the incident, the influential local ethnic organisation Takam Mising Porin Kebang (TMPK), which has also been spearheading the anti-dam protest in Assam, has called an indefinite Bogibeel project bandh from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune