Assam: 70 labourers injured in bridge collapse
Dhemaji: Seventy labourers were injured, 27 of them seriously, when a portion of an under-construction concrete bridge collapsed in Upper Assam`s Dhemaji district,
officials said on Saturday.
A section of the Bogibeel road-cum-rail bridge at Karenchapari Mechaki collapsed after a heavy vehicle was trying to cross when labourers were repairing it yesterday.
The 27 critically injured were undergoing treatment at the Dhemaji civil hospital, while the rest with minor injuries admitted to the hospital and the Silapathar public health centre, were released today, they said.
In the wake of the incident, the influential local ethnic organisation Takam Mising Porin Kebang (TMPK), which has also been spearheading the anti-dam protest in Assam, has called an indefinite Bogibeel project bandh from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight