Assam: 70 labourers injured in bridge collapse
Dhemaji: Seventy labourers were injured, 27 of them seriously, when a portion of an under-construction concrete bridge collapsed in Upper Assam`s Dhemaji district,
officials said on Saturday.
A section of the Bogibeel road-cum-rail bridge at Karenchapari Mechaki collapsed after a heavy vehicle was trying to cross when labourers were repairing it yesterday.
The 27 critically injured were undergoing treatment at the Dhemaji civil hospital, while the rest with minor injuries admitted to the hospital and the Silapathar public health centre, were released today, they said.
In the wake of the incident, the influential local ethnic organisation Takam Mising Porin Kebang (TMPK), which has also been spearheading the anti-dam protest in Assam, has called an indefinite Bogibeel project bandh from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach