Assam and Arunachal CMs to meet to discuss issues
Itanagar: Chief Ministers of Arunachal
Pradesh and Assam will meet soon to discuss various issues
confronting both the states, official sources said on Thursday.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi who called his Arunachal
counterpart Nabam Tuki yesterday and wished him on assuming
office, agreed to meet soon to discuss various issue
confronting both the states including the decades old boundary
dispute, the sources said.
Accepting the wishes Tuki took the opportune moment to
discuss inter-state welfare issues during the telephonic
conversation and drew Gogoi’s attention towards the lack of
basic infrastructure in both states, sources said.
Tuki pointed that such meetings would foster harmony
between the two neighbouring states, sources added.
Addressing the Congress workers here yesterday, Tuki
informed them that the AICC is yet to accept his resignation
as Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) president and
that he would be holding the post till a new incumbent is
In the evening a one point resolution was adopted in the
first CLP meeting held after Tuki assumed office as its
leader. The CLP members present in the meet unanimously
endorsed the decision of the AICC President and also expressed
full faith and unstinted support to Sonia Gandhi and Nabam
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why