Assam and Arunachal CMs to meet to discuss issues
Itanagar: Chief Ministers of Arunachal
Pradesh and Assam will meet soon to discuss various issues
confronting both the states, official sources said on Thursday.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi who called his Arunachal
counterpart Nabam Tuki yesterday and wished him on assuming
office, agreed to meet soon to discuss various issue
confronting both the states including the decades old boundary
dispute, the sources said.
Accepting the wishes Tuki took the opportune moment to
discuss inter-state welfare issues during the telephonic
conversation and drew Gogoi’s attention towards the lack of
basic infrastructure in both states, sources said.
Tuki pointed that such meetings would foster harmony
between the two neighbouring states, sources added.
Addressing the Congress workers here yesterday, Tuki
informed them that the AICC is yet to accept his resignation
as Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) president and
that he would be holding the post till a new incumbent is
In the evening a one point resolution was adopted in the
first CLP meeting held after Tuki assumed office as its
leader. The CLP members present in the meet unanimously
endorsed the decision of the AICC President and also expressed
full faith and unstinted support to Sonia Gandhi and Nabam
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest
- China, Russia rap US missile defence plan in S Korea
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti