Assam Assembly adjourned for third consecutive day
Guwahati: Assam Legislative Assembly was adjourned for the third consecutive day Thursday with opposition parties disrupting proceedings demanding immediate dismissal of the ministers allegedly involved in the Rs 1000 crore North
Cachar Hills funds diversion scam.
As soon as the House met for the day, angry members
of the main Opposition AGP stood up and demanded that the
ministers allegedly involved in the scam be sacked.
The opposition also demanded expansion of the CBI
inquiry into all the departments as against the nine cases of
eight departments given for CBI inquiry by the government.
Speaker Tanka Bahadur Rai then adjourned the house for an hour till 10 am.
When the house reassembled, the opposition parties
renewed their protests forcing the speaker to adjourn the
house for the day.
The opposition parties have disrupted the proceedings
of the House since the beginning of the budget session on
February one on the issue of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous
Council funds diversion scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16