Assam Assembly adjourned for third consecutive day
Guwahati: Assam Legislative Assembly was adjourned for the third consecutive day Thursday with opposition parties disrupting proceedings demanding immediate dismissal of the ministers allegedly involved in the Rs 1000 crore North
Cachar Hills funds diversion scam.
As soon as the House met for the day, angry members
of the main Opposition AGP stood up and demanded that the
ministers allegedly involved in the scam be sacked.
The opposition also demanded expansion of the CBI
inquiry into all the departments as against the nine cases of
eight departments given for CBI inquiry by the government.
Speaker Tanka Bahadur Rai then adjourned the house for an hour till 10 am.
When the house reassembled, the opposition parties
renewed their protests forcing the speaker to adjourn the
house for the day.
The opposition parties have disrupted the proceedings
of the House since the beginning of the budget session on
February one on the issue of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous
Council funds diversion scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'