Assam Assembly adjourned for third consecutive day
Guwahati: Assam Legislative Assembly was adjourned for the third consecutive day Thursday with opposition parties disrupting proceedings demanding immediate dismissal of the ministers allegedly involved in the Rs 1000 crore North
Cachar Hills funds diversion scam.
As soon as the House met for the day, angry members
of the main Opposition AGP stood up and demanded that the
ministers allegedly involved in the scam be sacked.
The opposition also demanded expansion of the CBI
inquiry into all the departments as against the nine cases of
eight departments given for CBI inquiry by the government.
Speaker Tanka Bahadur Rai then adjourned the house for an hour till 10 am.
When the house reassembled, the opposition parties
renewed their protests forcing the speaker to adjourn the
house for the day.
The opposition parties have disrupted the proceedings
of the House since the beginning of the budget session on
February one on the issue of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous
Council funds diversion scam.
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Twitter explodes with reactions over Kanhaiya Kumar touching Lalu's feet - Viral picture inside
- Gold price at 15-month high, rises further to Rs 30,330 per 10 grams
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- VIDEO: Maiden over & 5 wickets! Watch Mohammad Amir's sensational last over vs Australia!