Assam: Boat capsizes, 35 escape, one missing
Rangiya(Assam): At least 35 students had a
miraculous escape when their boat capsized in midstream of
river Brahmaputra but one seven year old child was reported
missing from Kamrup (rural) district on Tuesday.
Police said a boat ferrying about 36 school students
to Nagarberia area from the Kolabadha river ghat capsized
midstream at 1 pm.
About 35 students either swam to safety or were
rescued by boats but one Sahidul Islam (7) was reportedly
missing and feared drowned.
The National Disaster Reserve force personnel are
currently engaged in search operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands