Assam: Boat capsizes, 35 escape, one missing
Rangiya(Assam): At least 35 students had a
miraculous escape when their boat capsized in midstream of
river Brahmaputra but one seven year old child was reported
missing from Kamrup (rural) district on Tuesday.
Police said a boat ferrying about 36 school students
to Nagarberia area from the Kolabadha river ghat capsized
midstream at 1 pm.
About 35 students either swam to safety or were
rescued by boats but one Sahidul Islam (7) was reportedly
missing and feared drowned.
The National Disaster Reserve force personnel are
currently engaged in search operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what