Assam CM meets Sonia, discusses proposed dam by China
Guwahati: The proposed dam to be built by
China on the upper reaches of Brahmaputra river will be
disastrous for the economy of north-east region, Assam Chief
Minister Tarun Gogoi told UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi today.
At a meeting in the national capital today, Gogoi told
Gandhi that a high-level committee will be formed soon to
assess the effects of the dam, an official release said here.
The release said that Gandhi has agreed with the state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO