Assam CM meets Sonia, discusses proposed dam by China
Guwahati: The proposed dam to be built by
China on the upper reaches of Brahmaputra river will be
disastrous for the economy of north-east region, Assam Chief
Minister Tarun Gogoi told UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi today.
At a meeting in the national capital today, Gogoi told
Gandhi that a high-level committee will be formed soon to
assess the effects of the dam, an official release said here.
The release said that Gandhi has agreed with the state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman