Assam flood situation eases
Guwahati: The flood situation in Assam has
eased today with the mighty Brahmaputra maintaining a falling
trend along its course in the 11 affected districts in the
valley, even as the Barak valley`s water level is rising
displacing over five lakh people.
Though it was flowing over the danger level at some
places, Brahmaputra with its tributaries was recording a
falling trend due to declining rain in the last few days,
official sources said.
The flood waters were ebbing from human habitation and
farm lands in the affected districts of Lakhimpur, Dhemaji,
Dibrugarh, Sibsagar, Jorhat, Golaghat, Morigaon, Sonitpur,
Dhubri, Goalpara and Barpeta, the sources said.
The Central Water Commission said the Brahmaputra was
flowing with a falling trend, though above the danger level,
at Dibrugarh town in Dibrugarh district, Numaligarh in
Golaghat district and Guwahati.
In Jorhat district the river was flowing steadily above
the danger level at Nimatighat, the river port to Asia`s
largest river island Majuli in the state, and at Dharamtul in
Morigaon district, the CWC said.
Tributaries Jiabhorali at N T Road Crossing in Sonitpur
district and Pagladia in Barpeta district flowing above the
danger mark were, however, rising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27