Assam floods: PM talks to Tarun Gogoi
New Delhi: With flood situation in Assam being critical, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday spoke to Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and assured him of all central help.
During the telephonic talk, the Prime Minister inquired about the latest on the flood situation and asked the Chief Minister what kind of help would be required from the Centre, PMO sources said.
Singh assured Gogoi that the Centre will extend all help to the state, they said.
Assam`s flood situation is critical with 11 districts being inundated by the swollen Brahmaputra and its tributaries affecting over one lakh people.
The 11 affected districts are Dhemaji, Tinsukia, Chirang, Nagaon, Golaghat, Jorhat, Kamrup, Karimganj, Lakhimpur, Morigaon and Sibsagar.
Heavy rainfall in the catchment areas of neighbouring Arunachal Pradesh has caused river Jiadhol to rise and inundate fresh areas in the worst-hit Dhemaji district.
Floods have damaged six roads, one bridge, three culverts in Golaghat district and breached an embankment each at Madanpur and Chandpur in Karimganj district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested