Assam Governor injured after slipping in bathroom
Dibrugarh/Guwahati: Assam Governor JB
Patnaik was injured on Monday when he slipped in the bathroom at
the Circuit House in Dibrugarh.
Patnaik, 84, was hurt on his left leg and has been
admitted to the Assam Medical College Hospital in Dibrugarh,
Raj Bhavan officials in Guwahati said.
Hospital authorities said mild fractures were feared on
his left knee but they would be able to confirm that only
after medical tests.
A medical team has been formed to take care of the
Governor and he will be kept under 24-hour observation to see
if a surgery is required, the authorities said.
The Governor had halted for the night in Dibrugarh after
attending a function in the neighbouring Tinsukia district
yesterday and was scheduled to fly back to Guwahati today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi