Assam Governor injured after slipping in bathroom
Dibrugarh/Guwahati: Assam Governor JB
Patnaik was injured on Monday when he slipped in the bathroom at
the Circuit House in Dibrugarh.
Patnaik, 84, was hurt on his left leg and has been
admitted to the Assam Medical College Hospital in Dibrugarh,
Raj Bhavan officials in Guwahati said.
Hospital authorities said mild fractures were feared on
his left knee but they would be able to confirm that only
after medical tests.
A medical team has been formed to take care of the
Governor and he will be kept under 24-hour observation to see
if a surgery is required, the authorities said.
The Governor had halted for the night in Dibrugarh after
attending a function in the neighbouring Tinsukia district
yesterday and was scheduled to fly back to Guwahati today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred