Assam govt refers nine cases for CBI in NC hill district scam
Guwahati: The Assam government has
referred nine cases related to misappropriation of development funds in NC Hills district to the union Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) so that CBI can probe them.
DoPT has given its consent for inquiry and investigation into five cases by CBI but is yet to give its consent for the remaining four cases, an official release here today said.
The state government had referred one case each relating to the public works department, public health and engineering, agriculture, soil conservation, forest, health, Panchayat and rural department and two to the social welfare department, the release said.
The state government is further examining all cases of misappropriation mentioned in the special audit report of Accountant General for referring it to the CBI, it said.
The CAG had detected anomalies in development fund
management of North Cachar Hills district. The issue has
rocked the state with opposition parties demanding dismissal
of the ruling Congress government on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok