Assam govt refers nine cases for CBI in NC hill district scam
Guwahati: The Assam government has
referred nine cases related to misappropriation of development funds in NC Hills district to the union Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) so that CBI can probe them.
DoPT has given its consent for inquiry and investigation into five cases by CBI but is yet to give its consent for the remaining four cases, an official release here today said.
The state government had referred one case each relating to the public works department, public health and engineering, agriculture, soil conservation, forest, health, Panchayat and rural department and two to the social welfare department, the release said.
The state government is further examining all cases of misappropriation mentioned in the special audit report of Accountant General for referring it to the CBI, it said.
The CAG had detected anomalies in development fund
management of North Cachar Hills district. The issue has
rocked the state with opposition parties demanding dismissal
of the ruling Congress government on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert