Assam killing: Arunachal CM to request Centre for inquiry
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki Thursday condemned the killings of 10 persons in Assam by unidentified persons from his state and said he will demand for an independent enquiry into the incident.
"I am going to plead the Union Ministry of Home Affairs to institute an independent enquiry into the incident," the Chief Minister said in an official statement.
"I condemn the incident in the strongest words and law should take its own course. It is really trying times for both the states. The pain is equal for all of us as the incident is highly condemnable," he added.
Meanwhile, Tuki said he had a telephonic conversation with his Assam counterpart Tarun Gogoi on the yesterday`s incident in the evening.
"I have also written to Assam Chief Minister for taking adequate steps for ensuring safety and security of people of both the sides. Peace and tranquillity has to be reinstated for welfare of all," he said in the statement.
Incidentally, Tuki in a high-level meeting with Chief Secretary, the DGP and home commissioner has directed them to ensure every possible steps to defuse the tension prevailing in the disputed area, the release said.
Teams have been sent in the disputed area today to take stock of the situation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know