Assam on high alert to prevent attack by ULFA
Guwahati: Assam is on high alert following
intelligence reports that ULFA cadres are planning to launch
an offensive to protest the reported detention of the outfit`s
Chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa in Bangladesh.
Police said as per intelligence inputs, ULFA
`Commander-in-Chief`, Paresh Barua, reportedly in Myanmar now,
had directed the members of the banned outfit to carry out
bomb blasts in different parts of the state.
Security has been beefed up throughout the state,
particularly in Sibsagar, home town of Rajkhowa, with
intesnified patrolling in and around vital installations.
Sibsagar Superintendent of Police, Akhilesh Singh told
reporters that additional security forces had been deployed
throughout the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?