Assam: Prafulla Kumar Mahanta owns no car, has cash balance Rs 11,117
Guwahati: Two time former chief minister
and leader of the opposition in the Assam assembly Prafulla
Kumar Mahanta has no car and has cash balance of only Rs
11,117 in hand.
According to the affidavit filed in the Nagaon Deputy
Commissioner`s court, Mahanta who is contesting from two
assembly constituencies of Bahrampur and Samuguri has declared
his total movable assets for Rs 19,17,947.
Stating that he owns no vehicle, the former chief
minister declared that the value of his plot of land was Rs
Ten lakh and he has cash of Rs 11,117.
In the affidavit filed, Mahanta said the market price
of his assets currently was worth Rs 12,10,000 while he has
UTI bonds worth Rs 25,200 and NSC postal savings amounting to
Rs 10,3358 and jewellery and gold worth Rs 87,500.
The 53 year-old former chief minister has stated that
his loans from bank stands at Rs 29,998.
In contrast, his wife and former MP Dr Jayashree
Goswami Mahanta is richer than him as she owns an ambassador
car worth Rs 97,650.
The wife of the former chief minister has a total cash
in hand of Rs 1,23,531 and a landed property in the Kharguli
area of Guwahati valued Rs 42,05,000.
According to the affidavit, her movable assets stand
at Rs 1,37,84,276 and the total market value at present of
her assets are Rs 2,67,50,000.
While her movable assets stands at Rs 13,784,276,
the UTI bond savings total Rs 22,04,399 and NSC postal savings
at Rs 14,46,232.
The jewellery and gold of Dr Jayashree Goswami Mahanta
is worth Rs 2,25,000 and her outstanding bank loan is
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference