Assam records significant increase in total electorate
Guwahati: Assam has recorded a significant 3.29 percent increase in the total electorate with minority dominated district Dhubri recording the highest growth rate.
According to the final electoral roll, the total number of voters in the state for the next Assembly polls, scheduled next year, was 1,79,53,112 marking an increase of 4,84,154 voters from 1,74,68,958 recorded last year, Chief Electoral Officer Hemanta Narzary said here today.
Dhubri, with a dominant minority population, registered the highest growth of 6.81 percent followed by Bongaigaon at 6.79 percent while the lowest growth rate was Jorhat`s at .32 percent.
Cachar was the only district in the state with a negative growth percentage of -1.15 percent, Narzary said.
The districts with a significant increase in the total electorate was Kamrup (Metro) with 5.2 percent, Goalpara with 4.83 percent, Dhemaji with 4.5 percent, Hailakandi with 4.56 percent, Darrang with 4.41 percent, Barpeta with 4.07 percent, Nagaon with 3.96 percent, Udalguri with 3.9 percent, Kamrup (Rural) with 3.73 percent, Karimganj with 3.58 percent, Nalbari with 3.13 percent and Kokrajhar with 3.13 percent.
Besides Jorhat, those recording a minimal increase include NC Hills with .61 percent, Sibsagar with 1.19 percent, Morigaon with 1.51 per cent, Golaghat with 1.64 percent, Dibrugarh with 1.79 percent, Tinsukia with 1.8 percent and Lakhimpur with 1.88 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi