Assam Rifles deployment for protection of railway workers
Agartala: Deployment of Assam Rifles personnel has been requested by Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar for providing security to railway workers engaged in conversion of the Lumding-Badarpur railway line from narrow gauge to broad gauge.
"I have requested Assam Rifles GOC 3 Corp N K Singh to deploy AR personnel in the North Cachar hills for protecting railway workers working in gauge conversion from Lumding to Badarpur," the Chief Minister said Thursday.
"If the Lumding-Badarpur line is converted from narrow gauge to broad gauge, it would be easier for converting the line from Badarpur to Agartala," he said.
The GOC, who was here yesterday told the chief minister that the overall situation has improved in the North-East as insurgency had declined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you