Assam Rifles deployment for protection of railway workers
Agartala: Deployment of Assam Rifles personnel has been requested by Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar for providing security to railway workers engaged in conversion of the Lumding-Badarpur railway line from narrow gauge to broad gauge.
"I have requested Assam Rifles GOC 3 Corp N K Singh to deploy AR personnel in the North Cachar hills for protecting railway workers working in gauge conversion from Lumding to Badarpur," the Chief Minister said Thursday.
"If the Lumding-Badarpur line is converted from narrow gauge to broad gauge, it would be easier for converting the line from Badarpur to Agartala," he said.
The GOC, who was here yesterday told the chief minister that the overall situation has improved in the North-East as insurgency had declined.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav