Assam Rifles deployment for protection of railway workers
Agartala: Deployment of Assam Rifles personnel has been requested by Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar for providing security to railway workers engaged in conversion of the Lumding-Badarpur railway line from narrow gauge to broad gauge.
"I have requested Assam Rifles GOC 3 Corp N K Singh to deploy AR personnel in the North Cachar hills for protecting railway workers working in gauge conversion from Lumding to Badarpur," the Chief Minister said Thursday.
"If the Lumding-Badarpur line is converted from narrow gauge to broad gauge, it would be easier for converting the line from Badarpur to Agartala," he said.
The GOC, who was here yesterday told the chief minister that the overall situation has improved in the North-East as insurgency had declined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her