Assam Rifles deployment for protection of railway workers
Agartala: Deployment of Assam Rifles personnel has been requested by Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar for providing security to railway workers engaged in conversion of the Lumding-Badarpur railway line from narrow gauge to broad gauge.
"I have requested Assam Rifles GOC 3 Corp N K Singh to deploy AR personnel in the North Cachar hills for protecting railway workers working in gauge conversion from Lumding to Badarpur," the Chief Minister said Thursday.
"If the Lumding-Badarpur line is converted from narrow gauge to broad gauge, it would be easier for converting the line from Badarpur to Agartala," he said.
The GOC, who was here yesterday told the chief minister that the overall situation has improved in the North-East as insurgency had declined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men