Assam Rifles deployment for protection of railway workers
Agartala: Deployment of Assam Rifles personnel has been requested by Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar for providing security to railway workers engaged in conversion of the Lumding-Badarpur railway line from narrow gauge to broad gauge.
"I have requested Assam Rifles GOC 3 Corp N K Singh to deploy AR personnel in the North Cachar hills for protecting railway workers working in gauge conversion from Lumding to Badarpur," the Chief Minister said Thursday.
"If the Lumding-Badarpur line is converted from narrow gauge to broad gauge, it would be easier for converting the line from Badarpur to Agartala," he said.
The GOC, who was here yesterday told the chief minister that the overall situation has improved in the North-East as insurgency had declined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations