Assam Rifles jawan killed, 10 injured in Manipur blast
Imphal: Security personnel were attacked in Manipur for the second time in 24 hours by insurgents who Sunday exploded a powerful bomb killing a jawan of Assam Rifles and injuring 10 others in interior Bishenpur district.
Official sources said the blast occurred at Kumbi area of Bishenpur district while 33rd Assam Rifles jawans were jogging in the morning, injuring 11 of them.
They were rushed to Leimakhong army hospital where Naik Subedar Nivesh Rao succumbed to his injuries, the sources said adding that condition of three of the injured was stated to be serious.
A search operation was launched in the area after the incident but no arrest was made so far, police said.
Outlawed Peoples Liberation Army had exploded a powerful bomb yesterday at Tiddim area in Imphal west district injuring a jawan of 18th Sikh Regiment and a civilian.
The outfit, which is the armed wing of Revolutionary People`s Front, rang up the local media this evening and claimed responsibility for the attack on the security personnel at Kumbi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends