Assam Rifles jawans recoginsed for their valour
Shillong: Meghalaya Governor R S Mooshahary
today asked the jawans of Assam Rifles to live up to the
reputation of the para-military force which has served the
country and the North Eastern Region, in particular, over the
Addressing the Investiture Ceremony of Assam Rifles
on its 175th year of existence at Raj Bhavan here, Mooshahary
said he was proud of the services rendered by the force.
"I am proud of the laurels achieved by Assam
Rifles", Mooshahary said.
While appreciataing the services rendered by the
force, Mooshahary cautioned the jawan who hailed from the
different parts of the country to understand the attitude of
the people of the region while performing their duties.
The Governor congratulated the jawans who received
various medals for their gallantry and meritorious service and
also asked them to work harder.
Earlier, the Governor gave away to the jawans two
President`s Police Medals for Gallantry, two Police Medals for
Gallantry, five Police Medals for Meritorious Services,
fourteen Governor`s Gold Medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof