Assam Rifles jawans recoginsed for their valour
Shillong: Meghalaya Governor R S Mooshahary
today asked the jawans of Assam Rifles to live up to the
reputation of the para-military force which has served the
country and the North Eastern Region, in particular, over the
Addressing the Investiture Ceremony of Assam Rifles
on its 175th year of existence at Raj Bhavan here, Mooshahary
said he was proud of the services rendered by the force.
"I am proud of the laurels achieved by Assam
Rifles", Mooshahary said.
While appreciataing the services rendered by the
force, Mooshahary cautioned the jawan who hailed from the
different parts of the country to understand the attitude of
the people of the region while performing their duties.
The Governor congratulated the jawans who received
various medals for their gallantry and meritorious service and
also asked them to work harder.
Earlier, the Governor gave away to the jawans two
President`s Police Medals for Gallantry, two Police Medals for
Gallantry, five Police Medals for Meritorious Services,
fourteen Governor`s Gold Medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India