Assam Rifles jawans recoginsed for their valour
Shillong: Meghalaya Governor R S Mooshahary
today asked the jawans of Assam Rifles to live up to the
reputation of the para-military force which has served the
country and the North Eastern Region, in particular, over the
Addressing the Investiture Ceremony of Assam Rifles
on its 175th year of existence at Raj Bhavan here, Mooshahary
said he was proud of the services rendered by the force.
"I am proud of the laurels achieved by Assam
Rifles", Mooshahary said.
While appreciataing the services rendered by the
force, Mooshahary cautioned the jawan who hailed from the
different parts of the country to understand the attitude of
the people of the region while performing their duties.
The Governor congratulated the jawans who received
various medals for their gallantry and meritorious service and
also asked them to work harder.
Earlier, the Governor gave away to the jawans two
President`s Police Medals for Gallantry, two Police Medals for
Gallantry, five Police Medals for Meritorious Services,
fourteen Governor`s Gold Medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic