Assam wants to enter PPP mode in a big way
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi has said that his government would like to enter into partnership under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode in
education, health, industry, agriculture and allied sectors in
a big way.
Speaking on the occasion of signing a Memorandum of
Understanding (MoU) between Gauhati University and Axis Bank
here last night, the chief minister said the banking sector
has tremendous scope for growth in the region and has a major
role to play in the economic development of the entire region.
He urged banks to reach out to more people by
providing access to loan and other facilities.
The MoU was signed between Gauhati University and Axis
Bank on co-certification course in banking for MBA students in
the presence of Gogoi at his official residence.
The Chief Minister underscored the need for
introduction of new courses in educational institutions that
are much in demand and steps should be taken to rope in
reputed universities for introduction of new courses.
"Right type of education and training is of paramount
importance and the universities of the state must take the
lead," Gogoi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth