Assembly polls 2013: Election commissioner to visit Mizoram early November
Zee Media Bureau
Aizawl: Ahead of the upcoming Assembly poll here which is scheduled on November 25, Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath, two election commissioners and other top officials of the Election Commission are likely to visit Mizoram in the first week of November, state Chief Electoral Officer Ashwani Kumar said on Friday.
Officials said that, security arrangements and other poll-related issues would be discussed with the group of officials who will be visiting the poll bound state.
The full Election Commission is scheduled to visit the state on November 5 and 6 to oversee the preparedness of the state election machinery, reports said.
Meanwhile, a written confirmation to the above is yet to be received by the state Electoral Office, Kumar said.
EC officials are yet to visit the state after the announcement of the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers