Assembly polls 2013: Election commissioner to visit Mizoram early November
Zee Media Bureau
Aizawl: Ahead of the upcoming Assembly poll here which is scheduled on November 25, Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath, two election commissioners and other top officials of the Election Commission are likely to visit Mizoram in the first week of November, state Chief Electoral Officer Ashwani Kumar said on Friday.
Officials said that, security arrangements and other poll-related issues would be discussed with the group of officials who will be visiting the poll bound state.
The full Election Commission is scheduled to visit the state on November 5 and 6 to oversee the preparedness of the state election machinery, reports said.
Meanwhile, a written confirmation to the above is yet to be received by the state Electoral Office, Kumar said.
EC officials are yet to visit the state after the announcement of the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?