Assembly polls 2013: Election commissioner to visit Mizoram early November
Zee Media Bureau
Aizawl: Ahead of the upcoming Assembly poll here which is scheduled on November 25, Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath, two election commissioners and other top officials of the Election Commission are likely to visit Mizoram in the first week of November, state Chief Electoral Officer Ashwani Kumar said on Friday.
Officials said that, security arrangements and other poll-related issues would be discussed with the group of officials who will be visiting the poll bound state.
The full Election Commission is scheduled to visit the state on November 5 and 6 to oversee the preparedness of the state election machinery, reports said.
Meanwhile, a written confirmation to the above is yet to be received by the state Electoral Office, Kumar said.
EC officials are yet to visit the state after the announcement of the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31