Assembly polls: Opposition three-party alliance in Mizoram announces candidates
Aizawl: The opposition Mizo National Front, Mizoram People`s Conference and Maraland Democratic Front, which have a pre-poll alliance for this month`s Mizoram Assembly elections, on Friday announced joint candidates to contest the polls.
The names of former ministers Dr R Lalthangliana and ZH Ropuia, sitting legislators PP Thawlla and C Ramhluna and former legislator Lalrinzuala were announced by party presidents Zoramthanga of the MNF, Lalhmangaiha Sailo of the MPC and PP Thawlla of the MDF.
The common candidates would contest the elections from Lunglei, Saiha and Lawngtlai districts.
A common election manifesto released pledged for re-unification of Mizo inhabited areas into one administrative unit.
The alliance promised to constitute Lok Ayukta which would be able to investigate everybody including the chief minister and ministers, and also promised decentralisation of powers and good governance.
The MDA promised fulfilment of all the provisions of the Mizo Accord, 1986.
It also pledged amendment of the schedule tribe lists in Mizoram and re-covering of the entire state under the sixth schedule and to organise an International Mizo Convention besides inclusion of the Mizo language in the eighth schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security