Assembly polls: Opposition three-party alliance in Mizoram announces candidates
Aizawl: The opposition Mizo National Front, Mizoram People`s Conference and Maraland Democratic Front, which have a pre-poll alliance for this month`s Mizoram Assembly elections, on Friday announced joint candidates to contest the polls.
The names of former ministers Dr R Lalthangliana and ZH Ropuia, sitting legislators PP Thawlla and C Ramhluna and former legislator Lalrinzuala were announced by party presidents Zoramthanga of the MNF, Lalhmangaiha Sailo of the MPC and PP Thawlla of the MDF.
The common candidates would contest the elections from Lunglei, Saiha and Lawngtlai districts.
A common election manifesto released pledged for re-unification of Mizo inhabited areas into one administrative unit.
The alliance promised to constitute Lok Ayukta which would be able to investigate everybody including the chief minister and ministers, and also promised decentralisation of powers and good governance.
The MDA promised fulfilment of all the provisions of the Mizo Accord, 1986.
It also pledged amendment of the schedule tribe lists in Mizoram and re-covering of the entire state under the sixth schedule and to organise an International Mizo Convention besides inclusion of the Mizo language in the eighth schedule.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate