Attitude of B`desh towards connectivity positive: Tripura CM
Agartala: The attitude of neighbouring Bangladesh towards implementing various projects relating to connectivity and trade was positive, Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Friday said.
"If the Centre took proper initiative those projects could be implemented soon," said Sarkar who had met Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in Dhaka last month.
Sarkar visited Dhaka on March 26 on an invitation to attend the National Day celebration of Bangladesh and met Hasina, Foreign Minister Dipu Mani, business delegations and
He said his government had demanded for the facility to use Chittagong port and declaring Ashuganj river port as port of call and those demands were conceded.
During talks with Hasina, Sarkar said he proposed a bridge on the river Feni in Sabroom subdivision of South Tripura district for connectivity with Chittagong port and she
has agreed to the proposal.
Chittagong port is just 70 km from Sabroom.
The Chief Minister said, the Tripura University has decided to confer D.Lit to Sheikh Hasina and she had agreed to come. The date would be scheduled later.
"Everyone in Dhaka has appreciated the role of the people and Government of Tripura during the liberation war in 1971 and they reminded me that Tripura sheltered more people
than it`s population. I wonder that even after 39 years they did not forget our hospitality," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed