Attitude of B`desh towards connectivity positive: Tripura CM
Agartala: The attitude of neighbouring Bangladesh towards implementing various projects relating to connectivity and trade was positive, Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Friday said.
"If the Centre took proper initiative those projects could be implemented soon," said Sarkar who had met Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in Dhaka last month.
Sarkar visited Dhaka on March 26 on an invitation to attend the National Day celebration of Bangladesh and met Hasina, Foreign Minister Dipu Mani, business delegations and
He said his government had demanded for the facility to use Chittagong port and declaring Ashuganj river port as port of call and those demands were conceded.
During talks with Hasina, Sarkar said he proposed a bridge on the river Feni in Sabroom subdivision of South Tripura district for connectivity with Chittagong port and she
has agreed to the proposal.
Chittagong port is just 70 km from Sabroom.
The Chief Minister said, the Tripura University has decided to confer D.Lit to Sheikh Hasina and she had agreed to come. The date would be scheduled later.
"Everyone in Dhaka has appreciated the role of the people and Government of Tripura during the liberation war in 1971 and they reminded me that Tripura sheltered more people
than it`s population. I wonder that even after 39 years they did not forget our hospitality," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day