Attitude of B`desh towards connectivity positive: Tripura CM
Agartala: The attitude of neighbouring Bangladesh towards implementing various projects relating to connectivity and trade was positive, Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Friday said.
"If the Centre took proper initiative those projects could be implemented soon," said Sarkar who had met Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in Dhaka last month.
Sarkar visited Dhaka on March 26 on an invitation to attend the National Day celebration of Bangladesh and met Hasina, Foreign Minister Dipu Mani, business delegations and
He said his government had demanded for the facility to use Chittagong port and declaring Ashuganj river port as port of call and those demands were conceded.
During talks with Hasina, Sarkar said he proposed a bridge on the river Feni in Sabroom subdivision of South Tripura district for connectivity with Chittagong port and she
has agreed to the proposal.
Chittagong port is just 70 km from Sabroom.
The Chief Minister said, the Tripura University has decided to confer D.Lit to Sheikh Hasina and she had agreed to come. The date would be scheduled later.
"Everyone in Dhaka has appreciated the role of the people and Government of Tripura during the liberation war in 1971 and they reminded me that Tripura sheltered more people
than it`s population. I wonder that even after 39 years they did not forget our hospitality," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says