AVP demands army to replace ITBP on Indo-China border
Itanagar: A delegation of Arunachal Pradesh Vikas Parishad met Defence Minister A K Antony in New Delhi to demand deployment of Army on the Sino-India border replacing ITBP force, which guards the frontier with China.
A 13-member AVP delegation of tribal leaders from the state called on Antony and submitted a 14-point memorandum with the demand on Saturday, a party release said today.
It also demanded construction of roads and other infrastructure in border areas and increase in number of surveillance and patrol posts along the China occupied Tibet, it said.
The statement said that the delegation also raised the issue of intrusion by Chinese troops in Chaklagam area of the state in August this year.
It demanded improvement and strengthening of the ITBP and BSF in all respects and raising of a Arunachal Scouts Regiment on par with the Ladakh Scouts.
The delegation also met Vice President Hamid Ansari, leaders of the opposition in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery