Bangladeshi arrested while infiltrating
Shillong: Two persons, including a
Bangladeshi, were apprehended while they were trying to
infiltrate from the Indo-Bangladesh border in South Garo
Hills, BSF officials said.
They are believed to be link men of Meghalaya`s Garo
National Liberation Army (GNLA).
According to BSF, Vijay Sangma, one of those
apprehended is a Bangladesh national, while Babul Marak hails
from Nongalbibra in South Garo Hills district.
A mobile handset with a Bangladesh SIM card and some
currency notes were seized from the duo.
In a separate operation, BSF seized 70 bottles of
phensedyl bottles from two persons.
BSF officials said, the cough syrup consignment
was being smuggled out to Bangladesh from a place in West Garo
The consignment and the arrested persons have been
handed over to the police for completing necessary legal
formalities, the BSF official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17