Bangladeshi arrested while infiltrating
Shillong: Two persons, including a
Bangladeshi, were apprehended while they were trying to
infiltrate from the Indo-Bangladesh border in South Garo
Hills, BSF officials said.
They are believed to be link men of Meghalaya`s Garo
National Liberation Army (GNLA).
According to BSF, Vijay Sangma, one of those
apprehended is a Bangladesh national, while Babul Marak hails
from Nongalbibra in South Garo Hills district.
A mobile handset with a Bangladesh SIM card and some
currency notes were seized from the duo.
In a separate operation, BSF seized 70 bottles of
phensedyl bottles from two persons.
BSF officials said, the cough syrup consignment
was being smuggled out to Bangladesh from a place in West Garo
The consignment and the arrested persons have been
handed over to the police for completing necessary legal
formalities, the BSF official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog