Bangladeshi arrested while infiltrating
Shillong: Two persons, including a
Bangladeshi, were apprehended while they were trying to
infiltrate from the Indo-Bangladesh border in South Garo
Hills, BSF officials said.
They are believed to be link men of Meghalaya`s Garo
National Liberation Army (GNLA).
According to BSF, Vijay Sangma, one of those
apprehended is a Bangladesh national, while Babul Marak hails
from Nongalbibra in South Garo Hills district.
A mobile handset with a Bangladesh SIM card and some
currency notes were seized from the duo.
In a separate operation, BSF seized 70 bottles of
phensedyl bottles from two persons.
BSF officials said, the cough syrup consignment
was being smuggled out to Bangladesh from a place in West Garo
The consignment and the arrested persons have been
handed over to the police for completing necessary legal
formalities, the BSF official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India