Bangladeshi arrested while infiltrating
Shillong: Two persons, including a
Bangladeshi, were apprehended while they were trying to
infiltrate from the Indo-Bangladesh border in South Garo
Hills, BSF officials said.
They are believed to be link men of Meghalaya`s Garo
National Liberation Army (GNLA).
According to BSF, Vijay Sangma, one of those
apprehended is a Bangladesh national, while Babul Marak hails
from Nongalbibra in South Garo Hills district.
A mobile handset with a Bangladesh SIM card and some
currency notes were seized from the duo.
In a separate operation, BSF seized 70 bottles of
phensedyl bottles from two persons.
BSF officials said, the cough syrup consignment
was being smuggled out to Bangladesh from a place in West Garo
The consignment and the arrested persons have been
handed over to the police for completing necessary legal
formalities, the BSF official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH