Bangladeshi arrested while infiltrating
Shillong: Two persons, including a
Bangladeshi, were apprehended while they were trying to
infiltrate from the Indo-Bangladesh border in South Garo
Hills, BSF officials said.
They are believed to be link men of Meghalaya`s Garo
National Liberation Army (GNLA).
According to BSF, Vijay Sangma, one of those
apprehended is a Bangladesh national, while Babul Marak hails
from Nongalbibra in South Garo Hills district.
A mobile handset with a Bangladesh SIM card and some
currency notes were seized from the duo.
In a separate operation, BSF seized 70 bottles of
phensedyl bottles from two persons.
BSF officials said, the cough syrup consignment
was being smuggled out to Bangladesh from a place in West Garo
The consignment and the arrested persons have been
handed over to the police for completing necessary legal
formalities, the BSF official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark