Bangladeshi infiltrator caught in Meghalaya
Shillong: A Bangladeshi infiltrator was on Saturday caught with fake Indian currency after he sneaked into India in East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya, BSF officials said.
Rashel Khan, a resident of Moulabi Bazar district of Bangladesh, had entered India with a plan to fly to Saudi Arabia from Mumbai with a fake passport, they said.
Khan had also served jail terms at Washington from 1998 to 2003, the officials said.
He was later handed over to the Meghalaya police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video