Bangladeshi infiltrator caught in Meghalaya
Shillong: A Bangladeshi infiltrator was on Saturday caught with fake Indian currency after he sneaked into India in East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya, BSF officials said.
Rashel Khan, a resident of Moulabi Bazar district of Bangladesh, had entered India with a plan to fly to Saudi Arabia from Mumbai with a fake passport, they said.
Khan had also served jail terms at Washington from 1998 to 2003, the officials said.
He was later handed over to the Meghalaya police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended