Bangladeshi smuggler caught at border
Shillong: A Bangladeshi smuggler was
caught while trying to infiltrate into the country through the
bordering Jaintia Hills district of Meghalaya, BSF sources
said here on Sunday.
Acting on inputs, BSF troops deployed at Hangaria
border outpost in Jaintia Hills district yesterday apprehended
the smuggler. Some Bangladeshi currency and a mobile phone was
also seized from him, sources said.
The smuggler has been identified as Abdul Majid who
hails from Goianghat area in Sylhet District of Bangladesh.
He has been handed over to local police station for
In another incident, BSF troops deployed in East Khasi
Hills District yesterday seized cattle worth rupees 4,40,000
while they were being smuggled out to Bangladesh.
The smugglers, however, managed to escape taking
advantage of darkness and rugged terrain.
Seized cattle have been handed over to the custom
department for further action, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read