Bangladeshi smuggler caught at border
Shillong: A Bangladeshi smuggler was
caught while trying to infiltrate into the country through the
bordering Jaintia Hills district of Meghalaya, BSF sources
said here on Sunday.
Acting on inputs, BSF troops deployed at Hangaria
border outpost in Jaintia Hills district yesterday apprehended
the smuggler. Some Bangladeshi currency and a mobile phone was
also seized from him, sources said.
The smuggler has been identified as Abdul Majid who
hails from Goianghat area in Sylhet District of Bangladesh.
He has been handed over to local police station for
In another incident, BSF troops deployed in East Khasi
Hills District yesterday seized cattle worth rupees 4,40,000
while they were being smuggled out to Bangladesh.
The smugglers, however, managed to escape taking
advantage of darkness and rugged terrain.
Seized cattle have been handed over to the custom
department for further action, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown