Bangladeshi smuggler caught at border
Shillong: A Bangladeshi smuggler was
caught while trying to infiltrate into the country through the
bordering Jaintia Hills district of Meghalaya, BSF sources
said here on Sunday.
Acting on inputs, BSF troops deployed at Hangaria
border outpost in Jaintia Hills district yesterday apprehended
the smuggler. Some Bangladeshi currency and a mobile phone was
also seized from him, sources said.
The smuggler has been identified as Abdul Majid who
hails from Goianghat area in Sylhet District of Bangladesh.
He has been handed over to local police station for
In another incident, BSF troops deployed in East Khasi
Hills District yesterday seized cattle worth rupees 4,40,000
while they were being smuggled out to Bangladesh.
The smugglers, however, managed to escape taking
advantage of darkness and rugged terrain.
Seized cattle have been handed over to the custom
department for further action, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?