Bangladeshi smuggler caught at border
Shillong: A Bangladeshi smuggler was
caught while trying to infiltrate into the country through the
bordering Jaintia Hills district of Meghalaya, BSF sources
said here on Sunday.
Acting on inputs, BSF troops deployed at Hangaria
border outpost in Jaintia Hills district yesterday apprehended
the smuggler. Some Bangladeshi currency and a mobile phone was
also seized from him, sources said.
The smuggler has been identified as Abdul Majid who
hails from Goianghat area in Sylhet District of Bangladesh.
He has been handed over to local police station for
In another incident, BSF troops deployed in East Khasi
Hills District yesterday seized cattle worth rupees 4,40,000
while they were being smuggled out to Bangladesh.
The smugglers, however, managed to escape taking
advantage of darkness and rugged terrain.
Seized cattle have been handed over to the custom
department for further action, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!