Bangladeshis with suspected militant links held
Shillong: Two Bangladeshi nationals, suspected to have links with the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA), were arrested along with an Indian from a village in
West Khasi Hills, the police said here on Saturday.
The two, Himanshu J Sangma and Aloka Marak, hailed from Mymensingh district in Bangladesh, the sources said. Samson J Sangma, from whose house they were arrested yesterday, was also taken into custody.
Police recovered some documents from their possession, which, the sources said, could provide leads to their involvement with the GNLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends