Bangladeshis with suspected militant links held
Shillong: Two Bangladeshi nationals, suspected to have links with the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA), were arrested along with an Indian from a village in
West Khasi Hills, the police said here on Saturday.
The two, Himanshu J Sangma and Aloka Marak, hailed from Mymensingh district in Bangladesh, the sources said. Samson J Sangma, from whose house they were arrested yesterday, was also taken into custody.
Police recovered some documents from their possession, which, the sources said, could provide leads to their involvement with the GNLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information