Bangladeshis with suspected militant links held
Shillong: Two Bangladeshi nationals, suspected to have links with the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA), were arrested along with an Indian from a village in
West Khasi Hills, the police said here on Saturday.
The two, Himanshu J Sangma and Aloka Marak, hailed from Mymensingh district in Bangladesh, the sources said. Samson J Sangma, from whose house they were arrested yesterday, was also taken into custody.
Police recovered some documents from their possession, which, the sources said, could provide leads to their involvement with the GNLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali