Bangladeshis with suspected militant links held
Shillong: Two Bangladeshi nationals, suspected to have links with the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA), were arrested along with an Indian from a village in
West Khasi Hills, the police said here on Saturday.
The two, Himanshu J Sangma and Aloka Marak, hailed from Mymensingh district in Bangladesh, the sources said. Samson J Sangma, from whose house they were arrested yesterday, was also taken into custody.
Police recovered some documents from their possession, which, the sources said, could provide leads to their involvement with the GNLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr