Bangle PM asssures Tripura CM of steps against insurgents
Agartala: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina assured Tripura Chief Minister, Manik Sarkar that effective steps would be taken against the Indian insurgents in that country if the list of their camps was made available.
"During my visit to Dhaka last month I met Sheikh Hasina and spoke to her about the presence of the insurgents of the North-East in her country. She assured me that effective steps would be taken against the ultras and she would not allow insurgents to use the soil of Bangladesh", Sarkar told
reporters last night.
Sarkar said Hasina also alleged that some Bangladeshi
miscreants had been staying in Tripura and added
that he had assured stringent action if their list was
made available with the state government through the Centre.
The chief minister told the Bangladesh Prime Minister that
the Tripura Government had sent a detailed list of camps in
Bangladesh to the former prime minister (Khaleda Zia) and she
had also made counter complaints that there were camps of
anti-Bangladesh elements in India. Later when they sent
details, it was found that those camps were of BSF, he added.
He said, "when we proposed for joint inspection, there was
no response from the Bangladesh side."
The chief minister said Tripura has a long border with
Bangladesh so he wanted good relations with the neighbouring
country and enhancement of trade and commerce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi