Barrak valley cut off due to heavy landslides
Guwahati: South Assam`s Barrak valley has been cut off from the rest of the country due to heavy landslides.
Northeast Frontier Railway sources said heavy rain have caused landslide in five places between Haranjao and Mailongdifa railway stations.
A "small" track will be cleared within a couple of hours but the bigger one will take time but the work is on full swing, officials said.
Due to this normal train services between Silchar, Lumding and Guwahati will be suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'