Barrak valley cut off due to heavy landslides
Guwahati: South Assam`s Barrak valley has been cut off from the rest of the country due to heavy landslides.
Northeast Frontier Railway sources said heavy rain have caused landslide in five places between Haranjao and Mailongdifa railway stations.
A "small" track will be cleared within a couple of hours but the bigger one will take time but the work is on full swing, officials said.
Due to this normal train services between Silchar, Lumding and Guwahati will be suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...