Barrak valley cut off due to heavy landslides
Guwahati: South Assam`s Barrak valley has been cut off from the rest of the country due to heavy landslides.
Northeast Frontier Railway sources said heavy rain have caused landslide in five places between Haranjao and Mailongdifa railway stations.
A "small" track will be cleared within a couple of hours but the bigger one will take time but the work is on full swing, officials said.
Due to this normal train services between Silchar, Lumding and Guwahati will be suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what