BCIF bandh affects normal life in Itanagar
Itanagar: Normal life was affected in Arunachal Pradesh capital today following 48-hour bandh called by the Banderdewa Circle Intellectual Forum (BCIF).
The bandh remained peaceful barring a few stray incidents of stone pelting at government vehicles by bandh supporters.
Police arrested three bandh enforcers when they tried to block the NH-52A by felling trees near Banderdewa this morning, Capital Complex SP Hibu Tamang said.
Business establishments, markets, banks, educational institutions including central government establishments remained closed while thin attendance was recorded in state government offices.
All sort of private and public vehicles remained off the road while state transport buses plied with escort.
The BCIF called the bandh protesting the state government`s recent decision to shift the proposed site of Greenfield Airport from Karsignsa to Hollongi on the pretext of technical difficulties as pointed out by the Airport Authority of India (AAI).
The Forum has demanded for immediate halt to all official procedures for construction of the airport at Hollongi besides cancellation of all official formalities including reports of the AAI technical committee on non-feasibility of construction of the airport at Karsingsa site.
The Forum last month also called a 12-hour capital bandh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'