BCIF bandh affects normal life in Itanagar
Itanagar: Normal life was affected in Arunachal Pradesh capital today following 48-hour bandh called by the Banderdewa Circle Intellectual Forum (BCIF).
The bandh remained peaceful barring a few stray incidents of stone pelting at government vehicles by bandh supporters.
Police arrested three bandh enforcers when they tried to block the NH-52A by felling trees near Banderdewa this morning, Capital Complex SP Hibu Tamang said.
Business establishments, markets, banks, educational institutions including central government establishments remained closed while thin attendance was recorded in state government offices.
All sort of private and public vehicles remained off the road while state transport buses plied with escort.
The BCIF called the bandh protesting the state government`s recent decision to shift the proposed site of Greenfield Airport from Karsignsa to Hollongi on the pretext of technical difficulties as pointed out by the Airport Authority of India (AAI).
The Forum has demanded for immediate halt to all official procedures for construction of the airport at Hollongi besides cancellation of all official formalities including reports of the AAI technical committee on non-feasibility of construction of the airport at Karsingsa site.
The Forum last month also called a 12-hour capital bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note