BCIF bandh affects normal life in Itanagar
Itanagar: Normal life was affected in Arunachal Pradesh capital today following 48-hour bandh called by the Banderdewa Circle Intellectual Forum (BCIF).
The bandh remained peaceful barring a few stray incidents of stone pelting at government vehicles by bandh supporters.
Police arrested three bandh enforcers when they tried to block the NH-52A by felling trees near Banderdewa this morning, Capital Complex SP Hibu Tamang said.
Business establishments, markets, banks, educational institutions including central government establishments remained closed while thin attendance was recorded in state government offices.
All sort of private and public vehicles remained off the road while state transport buses plied with escort.
The BCIF called the bandh protesting the state government`s recent decision to shift the proposed site of Greenfield Airport from Karsignsa to Hollongi on the pretext of technical difficulties as pointed out by the Airport Authority of India (AAI).
The Forum has demanded for immediate halt to all official procedures for construction of the airport at Hollongi besides cancellation of all official formalities including reports of the AAI technical committee on non-feasibility of construction of the airport at Karsingsa site.
The Forum last month also called a 12-hour capital bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?