BDR, BSF trade fire along Indo-Bangla border
Shillong: BDR troops fired at three
places along Indo-Bangla border in Meghalaya, prompting the
BSF to retaliate, officials said here.
Some villagers of Muktapur in Meghalaya went for
fishing near the border when BDR opened fire on them and BSF
retaliated, but no one was injured, BSF officials said.
Later, BDR troops also fired a few shots at Naljuri
and Rongtila, which was also retaliated by BSF, creating panic
among the villagers.
A flag meeting was held between both the forces where
BSF protested the "unprovoked firing by their Bangladeshi
counterparts", BSF sources said.
This is the second time in ten days that BDR troops
opened "unprovoked" firing in that area.
Heavy firing was reported in Muktapur area between the
border guards of both the countries, after an alleged
intrusion attempt by BDR on February 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'