Bharat bandh fails to evoke any response in Sikkim
Gangtok: The BJP and other opposition parties called Bharat Bandh to protest the diesel price hike, cap of subsidised LPG cylinders and FDI in multi brand retail failed to evoke any response in Sikkim on Thursday.
Schools and colleges in the state remianed open and vehicles were seen plying as usual on the roads, officials said.
Government offices, banks and markets are also open, they said.
Reports from the districts also said that the bandh failed to evoke any response as schools, colleges, offices and markets remained open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?