Bharat bandh fails to evoke any response in Sikkim
Gangtok: The BJP and other opposition parties called Bharat Bandh to protest the diesel price hike, cap of subsidised LPG cylinders and FDI in multi brand retail failed to evoke any response in Sikkim on Thursday.
Schools and colleges in the state remianed open and vehicles were seen plying as usual on the roads, officials said.
Government offices, banks and markets are also open, they said.
Reports from the districts also said that the bandh failed to evoke any response as schools, colleges, offices and markets remained open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth