Bharat bandh fails to evoke any response in Sikkim
Gangtok: The BJP and other opposition parties called Bharat Bandh to protest the diesel price hike, cap of subsidised LPG cylinders and FDI in multi brand retail failed to evoke any response in Sikkim on Thursday.
Schools and colleges in the state remianed open and vehicles were seen plying as usual on the roads, officials said.
Government offices, banks and markets are also open, they said.
Reports from the districts also said that the bandh failed to evoke any response as schools, colleges, offices and markets remained open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire