Bharat bandh fails to evoke any response in Sikkim
Gangtok: The BJP and other opposition parties called Bharat Bandh to protest the diesel price hike, cap of subsidised LPG cylinders and FDI in multi brand retail failed to evoke any response in Sikkim on Thursday.
Schools and colleges in the state remianed open and vehicles were seen plying as usual on the roads, officials said.
Government offices, banks and markets are also open, they said.
Reports from the districts also said that the bandh failed to evoke any response as schools, colleges, offices and markets remained open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video
- Asia markets move cautiously ahead of bank meetings
- Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton `must become` next US president