Bharat bandh fails to evoke any response in Sikkim
Gangtok: The BJP and other opposition parties called Bharat Bandh to protest the diesel price hike, cap of subsidised LPG cylinders and FDI in multi brand retail failed to evoke any response in Sikkim on Thursday.
Schools and colleges in the state remianed open and vehicles were seen plying as usual on the roads, officials said.
Government offices, banks and markets are also open, they said.
Reports from the districts also said that the bandh failed to evoke any response as schools, colleges, offices and markets remained open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore