Bill passed to create four new districts in Arunac
Itanagar: After eight hours deliberation, The Assembly today passed the Arunachal Pradesh (Re-Organisation of Districts) (Amendment) Bill, 2013, paving way for creation of four new districts.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki had tabled the bill on March 15 for creation of Kra Daadi, Namsai, Siang and Lower Siang districts.
After creation of the new districts, the total districts in the state would be 21.
Longding was created last year as the 17th district carving out Tirap district.
Namsai would be created by dividing Lohit district with its headquarters at Namsai, while Kra Daadi, with its proposed headquarters at Jamin, would be created from Kurung Kumey district.
Siang and Lower Siang districts would be created by taking certain administrative circles from East and West Siang districts. The headquarters of Siang district has been proposed at Nyobo while that of Lower Siang is yet to be decided.
Taking part in the discussion of the Bill, Tuki said the cabinet decision to create the four districts was to accelerate economic development in the areas and to bring administration to the peoples` doorsteps.
Earlier in the day, BJP member Tamiyo Taga and Congress MLA Alo Libang moved a notice for amendment of the bill under Rule 79 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business of the assembly to delete the entries `areas comprising administrative units of existing East Siang districts namely Nari, Koyu, Seren and Kora` from the bill following opposition by a section of the people.
However, the bill was passed by voice votes without amendment after Tuki assured not to issue notification on creation of Lower Siang district till the issue of protests by various organisations resolved.
Later, Speaker Wangling Lowangdong adjourned the House sine die.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks