Bird flu reappears in Tripura
Agartala: Bird flu has reappeared in Lembucherra area, about 45 km from here, official sources said Thursday.
Following reports of deaths of poultry birds in the area, blood samples were collected and examined and H5 strain of avian influenza virus was found, officials said.
More than 2,000 ducks and birds would be culled tomorrow in the area.
Meanwhile, the state administration has formed 16 rapid response teams to cull the ducks and birds in the area.
Sources said, BSF was alerted so that no poultry could enter into Indian territory. Tripura has 856-km-long border with Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love