Bird flu reappears in Tripura
Agartala: Bird flu has reappeared in Lembucherra area, about 45 km from here, official sources said Thursday.
Following reports of deaths of poultry birds in the area, blood samples were collected and examined and H5 strain of avian influenza virus was found, officials said.
More than 2,000 ducks and birds would be culled tomorrow in the area.
Meanwhile, the state administration has formed 16 rapid response teams to cull the ducks and birds in the area.
Sources said, BSF was alerted so that no poultry could enter into Indian territory. Tripura has 856-km-long border with Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!