BJP accuses Arunchal govt of going back on creation of capital district
Itanagar: The BJP today accused the Arunachal Pradesh government of double standards on the creation of a `Capital` district.
State BJP president Tai Tagak alleged that the Nabam Tuki government which had promised to turn the twin capital towns of Itanagar and Naharlagun into a full-fledged district had cheated residents.
He said that it was unfortunate that the state government had not placed the proposal along with that for creation of four new districts in the recently concluded session of the Assembly and sensed a conspiracy.
Commenting on the announcement of the panchayat election schedule and municipalities in Itanagar and Pasighat, the party chief welcomed the decision of the State Election Commission for banning slaughter of mithuns during electioneering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka