BJP accuses Arunchal govt of going back on creation of capital district
Itanagar: The BJP today accused the Arunachal Pradesh government of double standards on the creation of a `Capital` district.
State BJP president Tai Tagak alleged that the Nabam Tuki government which had promised to turn the twin capital towns of Itanagar and Naharlagun into a full-fledged district had cheated residents.
He said that it was unfortunate that the state government had not placed the proposal along with that for creation of four new districts in the recently concluded session of the Assembly and sensed a conspiracy.
Commenting on the announcement of the panchayat election schedule and municipalities in Itanagar and Pasighat, the party chief welcomed the decision of the State Election Commission for banning slaughter of mithuns during electioneering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh