BJP accuses Arunchal govt of going back on creation of capital district
Itanagar: The BJP today accused the Arunachal Pradesh government of double standards on the creation of a `Capital` district.
State BJP president Tai Tagak alleged that the Nabam Tuki government which had promised to turn the twin capital towns of Itanagar and Naharlagun into a full-fledged district had cheated residents.
He said that it was unfortunate that the state government had not placed the proposal along with that for creation of four new districts in the recently concluded session of the Assembly and sensed a conspiracy.
Commenting on the announcement of the panchayat election schedule and municipalities in Itanagar and Pasighat, the party chief welcomed the decision of the State Election Commission for banning slaughter of mithuns during electioneering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof