BJP accuses Arunchal govt of going back on creation of capital district
Itanagar: The BJP today accused the Arunachal Pradesh government of double standards on the creation of a `Capital` district.
State BJP president Tai Tagak alleged that the Nabam Tuki government which had promised to turn the twin capital towns of Itanagar and Naharlagun into a full-fledged district had cheated residents.
He said that it was unfortunate that the state government had not placed the proposal along with that for creation of four new districts in the recently concluded session of the Assembly and sensed a conspiracy.
Commenting on the announcement of the panchayat election schedule and municipalities in Itanagar and Pasighat, the party chief welcomed the decision of the State Election Commission for banning slaughter of mithuns during electioneering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack