BJP accuses Arunchal govt of going back on creation of capital district
Itanagar: The BJP today accused the Arunachal Pradesh government of double standards on the creation of a `Capital` district.
State BJP president Tai Tagak alleged that the Nabam Tuki government which had promised to turn the twin capital towns of Itanagar and Naharlagun into a full-fledged district had cheated residents.
He said that it was unfortunate that the state government had not placed the proposal along with that for creation of four new districts in the recently concluded session of the Assembly and sensed a conspiracy.
Commenting on the announcement of the panchayat election schedule and municipalities in Itanagar and Pasighat, the party chief welcomed the decision of the State Election Commission for banning slaughter of mithuns during electioneering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!