BJP accuses Manipur CM of violating election code of conduct
Imphal: The BJP has complained to the
Election Commission that Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh
violated the election code of conduct, in force due to by-poll
to Yaiskul Assembly constituency on December 19.
At a World Disabilities Day function here on December 3,
Singh had announced setting up of a special school and
employment exchange for the disabled, BJP Manipur president H
Borobabu said in the complaint filed yesterday.
As per media reports, the chief minister had also
promised three percent reservation for disabled persons in
government jobs and admission to educational institutions,
Borobabu said, adding that these amounted to violation of code
Official sources said Manipur chief electoral officer has
directed sub-divisional officer of Patsoi in Imphal west
district, where Singh made the speech on December 3, to look
into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days