BJP appeals for NE reps to support Sangma
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh today appealed all elected representatives of north eastern states and Sikkim to support the candidature of Purno A Sangma in the presidential election.
"I appeal to all political parties of the region to shed their political differences and unanimously support the candidature of Sangma who is representing the tribal community," BJP national secretary Tapir Gao told reporters.
Terming Sangma as a man with vast experiences in politics and having all leadership qualities, Gao said that Sangma would be the right choice as he would work for the tribal cause.
"It is a pride for all the people of the region that a tribal leader is opting to contest the presidential election and will be an opportunity for the north eastern states where a tribal leader can represent the most coveted post of the country," Gao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!