BJP appeals for NE reps to support Sangma
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh today appealed all elected representatives of north eastern states and Sikkim to support the candidature of Purno A Sangma in the presidential election.
"I appeal to all political parties of the region to shed their political differences and unanimously support the candidature of Sangma who is representing the tribal community," BJP national secretary Tapir Gao told reporters.
Terming Sangma as a man with vast experiences in politics and having all leadership qualities, Gao said that Sangma would be the right choice as he would work for the tribal cause.
"It is a pride for all the people of the region that a tribal leader is opting to contest the presidential election and will be an opportunity for the north eastern states where a tribal leader can represent the most coveted post of the country," Gao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad