BJP appeals for NE reps to support Sangma
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh today appealed all elected representatives of north eastern states and Sikkim to support the candidature of Purno A Sangma in the presidential election.
"I appeal to all political parties of the region to shed their political differences and unanimously support the candidature of Sangma who is representing the tribal community," BJP national secretary Tapir Gao told reporters.
Terming Sangma as a man with vast experiences in politics and having all leadership qualities, Gao said that Sangma would be the right choice as he would work for the tribal cause.
"It is a pride for all the people of the region that a tribal leader is opting to contest the presidential election and will be an opportunity for the north eastern states where a tribal leader can represent the most coveted post of the country," Gao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack