BJP appeals for NE reps to support Sangma
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh today appealed all elected representatives of north eastern states and Sikkim to support the candidature of Purno A Sangma in the presidential election.
"I appeal to all political parties of the region to shed their political differences and unanimously support the candidature of Sangma who is representing the tribal community," BJP national secretary Tapir Gao told reporters.
Terming Sangma as a man with vast experiences in politics and having all leadership qualities, Gao said that Sangma would be the right choice as he would work for the tribal cause.
"It is a pride for all the people of the region that a tribal leader is opting to contest the presidential election and will be an opportunity for the north eastern states where a tribal leader can represent the most coveted post of the country," Gao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film