BJP appeals for NE reps to support Sangma
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh today appealed all elected representatives of north eastern states and Sikkim to support the candidature of Purno A Sangma in the presidential election.
"I appeal to all political parties of the region to shed their political differences and unanimously support the candidature of Sangma who is representing the tribal community," BJP national secretary Tapir Gao told reporters.
Terming Sangma as a man with vast experiences in politics and having all leadership qualities, Gao said that Sangma would be the right choice as he would work for the tribal cause.
"It is a pride for all the people of the region that a tribal leader is opting to contest the presidential election and will be an opportunity for the north eastern states where a tribal leader can represent the most coveted post of the country," Gao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital