BJP asks Arunachal to speed up flood relief proces
Itanagar: The BJP on Sunday asked the Arunachal government to expedite relief and rehabilitation for people reeling under the current wave of floods.
"The state government is not taking adequate measures to lessen the sufferings and hardship of flood hit people in the state," party’s General Secretary Tai Tagak said in a statement.
The recent wave of flood in Arunchal Pradesh caused widespread damage to human habitation displacing more than two lakh population, agri-horti fields, livestock, dwelling houses, road and bridges, especially in eastern districts.
The flood also claimed 13 lives.
Claiming that there has been acute shortage of essential items in the flood ravaged districts with obstruction to transportation due to disruption in road communication, the BJP demanded air dropping of ration items and life saving medicines to the flood hit people.
All the district and state disaster management committees should be activated for effective relief services and medical departments be alerted to contain outbreak of any disease in epidemic form after flood, he said.
The party, meanwhile, demanded the state government hold Panchayat elections on time as per schedule.
"The government should not try to suspend the grassroots level democratic institutions elections under any pretext unless there is any national emergency,? Tagak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack