BJP asks Assam Govt to bring Paresh Barua for talks
Guwahati: The BJP on Monday urged the Assam
government to make arrangements to bring ULFA `commander in
chief` Paresh Barua for talks or else the negotiation process
would not be complete.
"The BJP wants Paresh Barua to come for talks or else
the problem will linger on", BJP state unit President Ranjit
Dutta told reporters here.
The Assam cabinet on Wednesday last decided to
initiate talks process with the banned ULFA irrespective of
whether the outfit`s `commander-in-chief` Paresh Barua comes
for negotiations or not.
Gogoi had on March 23 urged the ULFA leader to come
forward for talks if he was `really interested` in solving the
problems of the people of the state.
The BJP leader today also urged the state government
to resolve boundary disputes with Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh
and Nagaland which had resulted in loss of several bighas of
the state`s land.
He criticised the ruling Congress government for
failing on all fronts with the party planning to organise
protest meetings throughout the state during June and July.
"Several Congress and AGP members, including some
MLAs have expressed their desire to join the BJP and we are
examining the options, he added.
Referring to the existing AGP-BJP alliance in the
state, Dutta said they were exploring the option of continuing
with it for the forthcoming assembly polls scheduled next year
though the party was looking forward to strengthen its base in
80 of the 126 constituencies of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!