BJP asks govt to take measures to check crime
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh has criticized the Nabam Tuki government for its failure to contain crime in the state capital and demanded the government initiate proper policy measures with strategic action plan to contain the prevailing situation.
Expressing serious concern over the alleged lawlessness in the state capital with unabated killings and crimes overtaking the development of the state capital, the party in a communique today urged the government to honour the people’s mandate, given to the ruling party in the recently concluded Municipal and Panchayat elections.
Meanwhile, the party has suspended its nationwide Jail Bharo Aandolan, which was to commence from May 27 in view of the dastardly strike by the Naxalites on innocents in Chhattisgarh on May 25 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees