BJP calls for internal security system to tackle NE insurgency
Gerukamukh: Accusing the UPA
government at the Centre of failing to take initiatives for
solving the insurgency problem plaguing the north east, BJP
on Wednesday called for creation of an internal security system to
tackle the issue.
"An internal security system should be created to tackle
the insurgency problem in the north east. But this has not
been put in place so far by the UPA government. They have
taken no initiative to solve the insurgency problem Or the
foreigners problems and the development issues here," alleged
senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh.
Addressing a BJP rally here in Dhemaji district, Singh
also accused the UPA government of failing to understand the
problems of the people. "The Bangladeshi infiltration problem
is there in the region but no action has been taken to solve
it till today.
The UPA has no good will towards the
BJP, he said, would organise rallies across Assam soon
to highlight the problems and would be addressed by the
party`s national leaders.
BJP Assam unit president and MLA Ranjit Dutta,
parliamentarians Ramen Deka, Bijoya Chakravarty and Rajen
Gohain also addressed the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report