BJP calls for internal security system to tackle NE insurgency
Gerukamukh: Accusing the UPA
government at the Centre of failing to take initiatives for
solving the insurgency problem plaguing the north east, BJP
today called for creation of an internal security system to
tackle the issue.
"An internal security system should be created to tackle
the insurgency problem in the north east. But this has not
been put in place so far by the UPA government. They have
taken no initiative to solve the insurgency problem Or the
foreigners problems and the development issues here," alleged
senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh.
Addressing a BJP rally here in Dhemaji district, Singh
also accused the UPA government of failing to understand the
problems of the people. "The Bangladeshi infiltration problem
is there in the region but no action has been taken to solve
it till today. The UPA has no good will towards the
BJP, he said, would organise rallies across Assam soon
to highlight the problems and would be addressed by the
party`s national leaders.
BJP Assam unit president and MLA Ranjit Dutta,
parliamentarians Ramen Deka, Bijoya Chakravarty and Rajen
Gohain also addressed the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!