BJP calls for internal security system to tackle NE insurgency
Gerukamukh: Accusing the UPA
government at the Centre of failing to take initiatives for
solving the insurgency problem plaguing the north east, BJP
today called for creation of an internal security system to
tackle the issue.
"An internal security system should be created to tackle
the insurgency problem in the north east. But this has not
been put in place so far by the UPA government. They have
taken no initiative to solve the insurgency problem Or the
foreigners problems and the development issues here," alleged
senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh.
Addressing a BJP rally here in Dhemaji district, Singh
also accused the UPA government of failing to understand the
problems of the people. "The Bangladeshi infiltration problem
is there in the region but no action has been taken to solve
it till today. The UPA has no good will towards the
BJP, he said, would organise rallies across Assam soon
to highlight the problems and would be addressed by the
party`s national leaders.
BJP Assam unit president and MLA Ranjit Dutta,
parliamentarians Ramen Deka, Bijoya Chakravarty and Rajen
Gohain also addressed the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...