BJP calls for internal security system to tackle NE insurgency
Gerukamukh: Accusing the UPA
government at the Centre of failing to take initiatives for
solving the insurgency problem plaguing the north east, BJP
today called for creation of an internal security system to
tackle the issue.
"An internal security system should be created to tackle
the insurgency problem in the north east. But this has not
been put in place so far by the UPA government. They have
taken no initiative to solve the insurgency problem Or the
foreigners problems and the development issues here," alleged
senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh.
Addressing a BJP rally here in Dhemaji district, Singh
also accused the UPA government of failing to understand the
problems of the people. "The Bangladeshi infiltration problem
is there in the region but no action has been taken to solve
it till today. The UPA has no good will towards the
BJP, he said, would organise rallies across Assam soon
to highlight the problems and would be addressed by the
party`s national leaders.
BJP Assam unit president and MLA Ranjit Dutta,
parliamentarians Ramen Deka, Bijoya Chakravarty and Rajen
Gohain also addressed the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?