BJP claims to be decisive factor in 25 seats
Agartala: Fielding 50 candidates for the 60-member Assembly elections in Tripura, the BJP on Saturday claimed that it would emerge as a decisive factor in at least 25 seats.
"We had no electoral presence in the Assembly. But, this time we will make our entry and emerge as a decisive factor in at least 25 seats in the elections," BJP state unit president Sudhindra Dasgupta told media.
The party which secured two per cent votes in the last Assembly elections held in 2008, has not forged an alliance with any party for the February 14 elections.
"We have decided to go it alone though a few parties like Janata Dal(United) and Gana Mancha had shown interest to make poll alliance with us," Dasgupta said.
"Since the BJP does not have organisational network in every part of the state, we put up candidates where we are strong," he said.
"The party will go to polls with issues like cent per cent security for women, corruption-free administration and safety and security of people," he said.
He denied state Congress president Sudip Roy Burman`s allegation that the ruling CPI-M had funded the BJP to put up candidates to divide non-Left votes.
"The charge is childish. BJP is a national party and can field its own candidates," Dasgupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH