BJP claims to be decisive factor in 25 seats
Agartala: Fielding 50 candidates for the 60-member Assembly elections in Tripura, the BJP on Saturday claimed that it would emerge as a decisive factor in at least 25 seats.
"We had no electoral presence in the Assembly. But, this time we will make our entry and emerge as a decisive factor in at least 25 seats in the elections," BJP state unit president Sudhindra Dasgupta told media.
The party which secured two per cent votes in the last Assembly elections held in 2008, has not forged an alliance with any party for the February 14 elections.
"We have decided to go it alone though a few parties like Janata Dal(United) and Gana Mancha had shown interest to make poll alliance with us," Dasgupta said.
"Since the BJP does not have organisational network in every part of the state, we put up candidates where we are strong," he said.
"The party will go to polls with issues like cent per cent security for women, corruption-free administration and safety and security of people," he said.
He denied state Congress president Sudip Roy Burman`s allegation that the ruling CPI-M had funded the BJP to put up candidates to divide non-Left votes.
"The charge is childish. BJP is a national party and can field its own candidates," Dasgupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?