BJP criticises Arunachal budget
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh On Wednesday criticised the state budget saying that no major step was taken to increase revenue and develop priority sectors like health and infrastructure.
"No democratically elected government in the world can achieve its targeted development unless it makes way for own source of finance," BJP National General Secretary Tapir Gao told a press conference.
"We have to chalk out own plan to enhance revenue instead of approaching the Centre with a begging bowl every now and then," he said criticizing the state budget as misleading and an eye wash.
The BJP leader said apart from budget proposal to give priority to rubber plantations in the state, all other proposals were photo copies of the last budget.
"The state government proposed to launch a Chief Minister Talent Award Scheme for the meritorious students, Chief Minister Border Areas Housing Schemes and promote tea and tourism sectors which were in last year’s budget and all remain on papers only," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion