BJP criticises Arunachal budget
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh On Wednesday criticised the state budget saying that no major step was taken to increase revenue and develop priority sectors like health and infrastructure.
"No democratically elected government in the world can achieve its targeted development unless it makes way for own source of finance," BJP National General Secretary Tapir Gao told a press conference.
"We have to chalk out own plan to enhance revenue instead of approaching the Centre with a begging bowl every now and then," he said criticizing the state budget as misleading and an eye wash.
The BJP leader said apart from budget proposal to give priority to rubber plantations in the state, all other proposals were photo copies of the last budget.
"The state government proposed to launch a Chief Minister Talent Award Scheme for the meritorious students, Chief Minister Border Areas Housing Schemes and promote tea and tourism sectors which were in last year’s budget and all remain on papers only," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’