BJP demands resignation of Cong MLAs chargesheeted in PDS scam
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh has demanded resignation of all the Congress MLAs and ministers who are being chargesheeted by the Special Investigating Cell (SIC) of the state police for their alleged involvement in the multi-crore public distribution system (PDS) scam.
"All the ministers, parliamentary secretaries and MLAs chargesheeted in the scam should tender their resignations from their respective posts on moral ground for their indulgence in corrupt practices for looting the state exchequer at the cost of the state and its people," party spokesman Techi Necha said in a statement here on Friday.
"The continuous holding of the public office by the tainted ruling MLAs and ministers will not give impartial and fair justice to its citizens of the state and jeopardize the impartial investigation of the scam," he reasoned.
The party also demanded action against Congress MLA Phurpa Tsering who represents Dirang constituency of West Kameng district besides officials of the compensation boards who were indicted by the CBI in connection with the alleged anomalies in acquiring land and paying compensation to the affected people while construction the ambitious Trans-Arunachal Highway in the Dirang portion.
The premier investigating agency had recently filed regular cases against the MLA and would soon interrogate seven others including government officials and Panchayat leaders of the compensation board in this connection.
They also demanded his immediate resignation and threatened to launch massive movement against all the tainted MLAs and minister of the ruling Congress in the state, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says