BJP demands resignation of Manipur CM
Imphal: The BJP has sought resignation of Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh accusing his government of failing to maintain law and order in the state, which has witnessed a series of bomb blasts recently.
The series of bomb blasts in the past one week and loss of lives of innocent people indicated deterioration of law and order and intelligence failure in the state, party national secretary Tapir Gao told reporters last evening.
The chief minister should take responsibility for the poor law and order situation and resign as his government has "utterly failed" to maintain peace and protect lives of innocent civilians, he said.
Powerful bombs exploded on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday in the heart of Imphal city in which three persons were killed and eight others injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'