BJP demands resignation of Manipur CM
Imphal: The BJP has sought resignation of Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh accusing his government of failing to maintain law and order in the state, which has witnessed a series of bomb blasts recently.
The series of bomb blasts in the past one week and loss of lives of innocent people indicated deterioration of law and order and intelligence failure in the state, party national secretary Tapir Gao told reporters last evening.
The chief minister should take responsibility for the poor law and order situation and resign as his government has "utterly failed" to maintain peace and protect lives of innocent civilians, he said.
Powerful bombs exploded on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday in the heart of Imphal city in which three persons were killed and eight others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16