BJP demands resignation of Manipur CM
Imphal: The BJP has sought resignation of Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh accusing his government of failing to maintain law and order in the state, which has witnessed a series of bomb blasts recently.
The series of bomb blasts in the past one week and loss of lives of innocent people indicated deterioration of law and order and intelligence failure in the state, party national secretary Tapir Gao told reporters last evening.
The chief minister should take responsibility for the poor law and order situation and resign as his government has "utterly failed" to maintain peace and protect lives of innocent civilians, he said.
Powerful bombs exploded on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday in the heart of Imphal city in which three persons were killed and eight others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted